Thursday, March 19, 2015

Weeks 5 and 6

Wow two weeks went by super quick!

So here's an update :)


Like I said I would, I called and made an appointment with my OB to figure out how far along I was. I also spoke with the hubby and we decided to find a new OB after this visit. This wasn't because I don't  like my OB, it's because it's over an hour from my house. (we used to live on the east side of town before we bought our house and I never switched doctors after we moved) At this appointment she measured me at 5 weeks 1 day. The heart hadn't formed yet so it wasn't considered a viable pregnancy yet. The OB encouraged me to make an appointment for this week so we could make sure the heart had formed. Below is my fist baby pic.. its hard to tell, but the baby is the little white dot in the middle of the black blob outlined by the two plus signs:



So naturally when I got home I took advantage of my chalkboard and made this sign in hopes of doing one each week: 5 weeks 1 day, Baby McCabe Due November 2015 Apx size: sesame seed. (The hubby thought I was saying the baby is the hamburger lol) 




Why announce so soon?

After this my husband and I talked about how soon to tell our families. Some people would wait until they know the pregnancy is viable (visible heartbeat and limbs) or until the first trimester and risk of miscarriage is out of the way, but we believe differently. We believe that life is created at conception and if we get to find out and be excited then so should the rest of our families! So we made plans to tell our families last weekend. 

How we told our families: 

First up was my mom and dad. This last weekend was NASCAR so knowing this I purchased baby items with my parents favorite drivers on them. I got my mom a Jimmy Johnson bib and a couple other bibs and I got my dad a Tony Stewart 3 piece onesie set. The morning of the Sunday race we went up to PIR and gave my parents the presents and they were super excited for us :) First grand baby for both of them and I'm the first of my cousins to have a baby. :) Then I called my sister and told her. :) It took some convincing, she thought i was messing with her, but once I convinced her she too was super excited. And the cool part is she is coming to AZ from CA for Easter so I get to see her soon!! 

Next was the hubby's parents. I have grandma and grandpa bibs for them too, but I left them on the table at home in my haste to go up to Phoenix (oops). (We'll give them to them the next time we drive up). Anywho, the shirt I'm wearing in the above picture have the numbers 1-40: the amount of weeks in a pregnancy. I crossed out 1-4 and left the rest blank and wore the shirt to their house earlier this week. Unfortunately my plan didn't work too well. With each of my husband's family members I had to point my shirt out to them and then kind of spell it out for them. (haha, I should have brought the bibs, I'm really kicking myself for that one) I can honestly say they were not as excited as my parents, not in a bad way though. They already have a granddaughter on my husband's side and most of his cousins already have babies, so ours is a happy addition. :) 

How we told our friends:

We told our friends through pretty much all the social media aspects I have: Facebook messaging, email, snapchat, text, and I called a few too. Needless to say all our friends are super excited for us. 

Fast forward to this week!

Then came my second OB appointment at the new dr.'s office. I found a Dr only 20 min from the house and they took the sonogram and measured me at 6 weeks 6 days. I went in thinking I was right at 6 weeks and lost 6 days! So this is why I don't have a 6 week "bump pic" by the time I do laundry and get my chalkboard set up I'll be 7 weeks!



So this last week my baby doubled to the size of a pomegranate seed. Its heart has formed as has the start of the brain and spinal chord. For this sonogram my husband was able to come and said the baby looks like one of those creepy wormy aliens from horror movies that always birth from some character and reeks havoc on the spaceship.... thanks hubby, but as my dad says its going to be like this for a little while longer haha. The husband did like seeing the heartbeat and was awed by how quickly the heart pumped -122 beats per min.

Symptoms:

The major symptom that showed up last week was morning sickness... or as I like to better phrase it: all day sickness. As a food lover this is breaking my heart. I hate seeing good food go to waste! So far these are the foods that the baby does not let me keep down:

  • any kind of Mexican food (does it not know we live in Arizona?!!?)
  • captain crunch (WWHHHYYYY!?!?!?!)
  • any kind of cereal really.. cold or hot
  • BBQ food
  • bananas (this one burns coming back up)
  • Arby's sandwich..... with cheddar 
I'm sure there are more but these are the most heartbreaking ones :'( I have been working on eating smaller meals more frequently and having saltines and ginger ale near me. Someone had suggested candied ginger... yeah that was a horrible fail. Lol, if it continues I'm going to start trying extra B12. 

Another one would be tiredness: I'm always tired, if I sit for too long, I tend to end up taking a nap. I also have seldom made it past 9PM.... (even when I took a nap yesterday that I woke up from at 7pm) 

Frequent trips to the bathroom: Now this one is a catch 22, now that I know I'm expecting I'm trying to drink more water... and that leads to more frequent trips to the bathroom. But I've also on average woken up 2-3 times at night to relieve myself. 

Aversion to Prenatal vitamins: this one is tough because I need to have the extra boost for the baby. but it doesn't matter what time of day I take them, morning with food, evening before bed.... it still comes right back up about 30 min later. This however I've been working on. My sister in law suggested gummy prenatal vitamins and those seem to be sitting better in my stomach. 

Gifts!

One of my really good friends I told is moving to Texas next week and gave us our first official baby gift! She also went with me last week to my first sonogram (she lives on the east side of town). I now have a set of newborn onesies and a baby kit with things like clippers, brush, nose sucker and toothbrush. :) Although from the picture you can tell CJ thinks its all for him haha. 




So this is it for this week, in a few short days we will be entering our seventh week and I'll get back on track with my chalkboard and baby bump pics. My next appointment is in 4 weeks and I'll be almost 11 weeks by then and hopefully exiting the morning sickness phase and maybe even have a real baby bump! Also my husband is leaving in a week for a 5 week training for his job so keep him in your prayers as this training is high stress and pretty intense. when he gets back I'll be almost 13 weeks along! 

Any suggestions from knowing moms out there would be much appreciated! ALSO!! I'm starting to compile a list of baby must haves so if you have some leave them in the comments below!! 

Until next time,
Bre and the bump 

3 comments:

  1. Yay Bre!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I will email you the registry I had for Danica. It has more of the things you will actually use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jen! That will be so helpful!

      Delete