Friday, October 21, 2016

SHE'S ALMOST ONE!! [Update and maybe some questions!]

Hey friends and family!
HOLY COW!!! Teagan is 11 months old now!! and she says "Moooooo!"

It has been too fun watching her continue to grow and develop! at about 8 and a half months she got the four legged crawl DOWN. She crawls everywhere fast...like super fast. She also creeps across EVERYTHING she can! At 9 months she also grew into the 12 month clothes size! At her 9 month checkup she was 17 lbs on the dot which puts her in the 26th percentile for weight and 28 inches which is the 75th percentile for height.

Some major things that happened the last few months was Teagan had her first cold/flu... with that came a lot of loose stool and the worst diaper rash she's ever gotten. We took a break from cloth diapers for a couple weeks because of the sheer amount of poo I was having to wash, plus the super strong diaper rash cream isn't cloth diaper friendly! With the opportunity of disposables, I've been slowly (with ALOT of help from my mom) replacing the elastic in her cloth diapers. (At this moment I only have 1 left to replace) So she's been back in cloth.

She also has begun "potty training." I put quotes because its more of just introducing her to the potty. We put her on after each nap and a good amount of the time she'll go (when she wakes up dry).. but then again a lot of the time she doesn't. But we know the repetition of her being set on the potty is good exposure to her.

She now has 8 teeth! (when I started typing this over three months ago ... I know... I've been slacking... she had 6) She bites! HARD, and I think she may be working on tooth number nine.

Teagan basically eats anything at this point, there are still a couple food items I'm waiting until after a year for her to eat, but she loves dinner time and snack time, and breakfast time....

here are a few pic from the last few months!

Teagan 9 months

My sister and her family came to Arizona in August for a visit and it was so great to get to cuddle with little Preston again!

THIS is Preston, isn't he the most handsome?!?! 

This was the only pic we could get of them both looking at the camera.. Teagan tried tackling him all the other ones!

My best friend Eve took our family pictures when Teagan was right around 9 months old :D If you are in the Tucson area and need a great affordable photographer Comment below and I'll get you her info!

We took our first family trip to Sedona and Teagan was such a trooper!! 
Teagan at 10 months

LOOK AT THOSE TEETH!!! all 8 of them!! (this is what she does when you say SMILE!)

Teagan at 11 months


Next month she turns 1!!! AAAHHHH!!!
So question:

What did you guys do for your baby's 1st birthday? go all out? low key? Home? some other place? Lets get real, its more for the parent's anyway! let me know!!


SO many of you have been asking about present's for Teagan, well my hubby and I do have an amazon wish list that we have with "nice to haves" that every once in a while we will get something off of. So by NO MEANS are we saying "get our baby something!" but for those who have been asking what you could get her, THIS LINK is a great start. We also included a tab above for ease of access.

Until next time!

Bre and Teagan


2 comments:

  1. With our first, her bday fell on the same day as a work function we had to go to, so we didn't really celebrate other than dressing her in a birthday shirt. The next day, though, we celebrated just the hubs and I with a cupcake shaped cake I baked her and a few gifts from the grandparents.

    Our son will be 1 next month as well and it will be low key. Maybe go to the zoo if the weather is nice. :-)

    P.s. I'm the (was the) coworker of your dads that gifted you some stuff for you and your daughter when you were pregnant �� I can't believe our littles will be one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I remember you! We use the pre-folds and diaper cover all the time! And of coarse I use the mommy products you got me as well!! thank you again so much!! We're not quite sure what we're doing for Teagan's birthday yet but it will probably be low key because November is a really busy month for us!

      PS did you get the boobie beanie I sent you?

      Delete